Best Keyword Research Tools
Keyword research is an important element of modern SEO. Whether you are working on an old blog or developing a content strategy for a new blog, good quality keywords are one of the most efficient ways to attract consistent and quality traffic to your site. We have compiled a list of some of the best keyword research tools to help you conquer your content.
10 of the best keyword research tools
SEMrush is like a Swiss Army Knife of SEO. Instead of generating a list of keywords, SEMrush suggests 5-10 very specific keywords that your competitors are already using.
- Find keywords and long-tail ad group ideas
- Get annual keyword trends
- Statistics on the distribution of CPC worldwide
- Access to a complete keyword research toolkit
- Analysis of keyword difficulties and insight into organic traffic
SEMrush offers a free 7-day trial for this service. You must enter credit card details to get access to the trial, but there are no fees charged if you choose to cancel your subscription within the 7-day trial.
SEMrush has four different price packages. The best deals come with annual bills.
- Pro – Plans for limited budget sites and freelancers, starting at $ 83 per month and will be billed annually.
- Guru – SEO agents and small to medium-sized businesses will find the features in this package perfect for managing daily content sites. Teachers start at $ 166 per month.
- Business – This is ideal for eCommerce stores and agencies, and opens at $ 333 per month.
- Enterprise – If you have a broad content strategy, reaching beyond the capacity of the above solutions, SEMrush can tailor plans to your needs.
2. Keyword Explorer Ahrefs
Ahrefs is one of the best keyword research tools available for content creators today. This platform provides users with extensive keyword reports and relies on clickstream data to provide unique click metrics.
- Accurate keyword difficulty score
- 1,000+ keyword suggestions
- Supported in more than 171 countries
- Click metrics to increase CTR
- Broad SERP overview
Ahrefs has four price packages. Rates for freelancers, online marketers, mid-sized organizations, and large brands start at $ 82 per month if you choose the annual payment plan.
They have a trial offer ($ 7 for 7 days) on their Lite and Standard subscription packages.
3. Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner is a simple option that presents several basic features. Despite the lack of functionality, this is one of the most accurate keyword data sources on the market. Data comes directly from Google and the results are well integrated with AdSense monetization.
- Find commercial keywords using the “top of page” bid range
- Accurate search volume directly from Google’s search engine
- The best choice for business websites
Google Keyword Planner is available for free.
KWFinder is a tool designed by Mangools – a developer known to provide the best keyword research tools in all categories. You can use the beginner’s guide to get started.
The KWFinder platform makes it easy to find keywords with low SEO difficulty, along with a number of other useful features.
- Unique and easy to navigate user interface
- Find keywords in any target language, anywhere
- Choose an option from a strong keyword list
- Get the right statistics for the keyword competition
- An in-depth SERP overview with a list of suggestions
- Use filters to refine your keyword suggestion list
KWFinder is part of the Mangools package which includes 4 other SEO tools. It only allows a few free searches. Choose an annual plan to save up to 40% on one of their 3 subscriptions.
- Basic – $ 30 (casual workers and small businesses)
- Premium – $ 40 (new startup and blog)
- Agent – $ 80 (eCommerce shop and heavy site)
5. Long Tail Pro
It’s no secret that long-tail keywords are the new standard of SEO. Long Tail Pro produces long-tail keywords for niche sites and has even found sect followers with content producers for micro niche sites.
- Detailed and detailed keyword metrics
- Easily find long-tailed keywords
- Provides recommendations for attracting highly convertible organic traffic
- 2,500+ SERP searches every 24 hours
Long Tail Pro is a premium tool and offers a free trial for 7 days (subscription cancelled before 7 days). Subscriptions start at $ 25 per month (when billed annually). Long Tail Pro currently offers three packages to users.
- Starter – $ 25 / month
- Pro – $ 45 / month
- Agent – $ 98 / month
Majestic is an all-in-one SEO tool to track the health of your site. This is an ideal tool for new blogs and small businesses that don’t have the resources to invest a lot of complicated support for search engine optimization.
- All SEO features are available in one toolkit
- Find phrases that are easily targeted
- Research competition on each keyword
- Graph of eligibility vs. authority for website analysis
Majestic allows you to register and run 3 free searches to help you experience this service. However, the keyword checker is only available in PRO and API packages. You can pick up the SEO toolkit for $ 83 / month when you choose the annual billing option.
7. Keyword Tool
If you are obsessed with mining keyword data, try the Keyword Tool. This platform is considered one of the top keyword research tools on the market and offers analysis for several search engines including Google, YouTube, Bing, Amazon, and the App Store.
- Find good keywords using Google Autocomplete
- Add your social media marketing with Instagram and Twitter keyword analysis
- Export results to CSV
- Simple UX for beginners
The Keyword Tool is very similar to Google’s Keyword Planner. It’s free for the first 750+ keywords and very easy to get started. “Basic” Keyword Packages start at $ 69 per month and are billed annually.
If you are looking for a complete SEO suite, Serpstat is an excellent option that combines website analysis, keyword research, SERP analysis, backlink analysis, ranking trackers, and website audit features. This comprehensive solution is intended to streamline all SEO categories.
- Know your competition using the competitor graphics feature
- Find keyword difficulties and keyword trends
- The most budget-friendly option on our list
Similar to some of the other options we mentioned here, Serpstat can be used several times for free by registering for their trial membership. To use this service regularly, you must set yourself up with one of their subscriptions. Personal package valid for $ 55 per month.
9. Moz Keyword Explorer
Moz Keyword Explorer provides easy-to-use out-of-the-box keyword recommendations. Moz’s SEO tool offers all the features you would expect from the best keyword research tool, plus two very unique data points.
Organic CTR score – This clickthrough rate shows the number of clicks you expect to attract on page 1 of Google.
Priority score – Priority score is a mixture of all the individual factors used by ordinary tools to suggest keyword options. It combines data about CTR, search volume, and keyword difficulty to help you choose the best terms for your project.
- Get related keyword suggestions
- Organic CTR and Priority score for smart targeting
- Moz offers a one month trial period
Register to get a free Moz account and get 10 free queries per month. Keyword Explorer is not a standalone research tool, to get full access to this useful little asset, you have to pay for the entire SEO package. You can get the Moz keyword research feature on the “Medium” platform package, which starts at $ 179 a month with the option of a free 30-day trial.
SpyFu is your #1 choice for analyzing your competitors’ SEO strategies. This tool uncovers valuable and almost unused keywords and makes a big difference if you work in a very saturated niche.
- Compare various competing websites for one search term
- Discover ranking difficulties and historical ranking changes
- Additional modules for in-depth domain analysis
SpyFu is a little different from the other tools we mentioned here because they offer monthly results, not real-time feedback. You can subscribe to SpyFu for $ 33 per month if you choose the annual billing option.
Which is the best keyword research tool for you?
These are some of the best keyword research tools that you can currently find in the SEO market.
To find the right fit for your business, start by analyzing your budget and then consider the main focus of your brand’s SEO strategy.
Do you have a question about choosing among these tools? Ask in the comments!
This post contains an affiliate link, which means that if you click on one of the product links and then buy the product, we will receive a commission. But don’t worry, you will still pay the standard amount so there are no costs on your part.
Don’t forget to bookmark Blogger Concept because you will find the latest Blogging tips, SEO tips, WordPress Tutorial, Blogger Tutorial, Hosting Advice, Themes, and Plugins Tutorial that we update on daily basis.